Thursday, August 7, 2014

July Naturebox



I love good mail days!


My very first Naturebox was delivered yesterday and I barely put my bags down before I was reaching for the scissors to open it. Look how pretty is it!


So as I found out yesterday, even though it is the beginning of August, I received the July box. I signed up for Naturebox pretty close to the end of July and I guess instead of making me wait until the august box shipped out, they just sent me a late July box. Hey, no complaints here. I would rather get the July box late than have to wait almost an entire month for the August box. 

I was pretty pleased with the contents of this box, but before we get in to that, here's a little more information for those of you that might be interested in signing up.

What it is: Naturebox is a monthly subscription snack box that gets delivered straight to your front door. The cost is $19.95USD + $4.95USD shipping for 5 resealable snack bags. That translates to about $27 canadian (keep in mind that this is relatively new in Canada so that may change when they develop firm roots here). As of right now each bag in the box is a complete surprise. Their website stated that they are hoping to be able to allow Canadians to choose their own snacks sometime this fall. I kind of enjoy the surprise. 


What was in my box:

Sourdough cheddar pretzels with cheddar cheese and a hint of beer

Okay, so after taking a look at the ingredients on the back of this bag, I wouldn't really peg these as a "healthy snack"...healthier...maybe. When I think of a healthy snack, I usually think of something that has few ingredients, ingredients I know and ingredients I know to be good for me. The third ingredient in this snack was salt. That being said, these are so damn good! Of course these had to be my favourite out of the bunch. If I had a really really bad craving for chips or something similar, this would definitely be a better option - but not something I'm going to regularly snack on. They have a great crunch and a very strong cheddar flavour with (like the bag says) a hint of beer. I did start to notice the beer flavour was getting stronger and stronger the more of these I had. This is something I would add to my box again (once you can create your own boxes here in Canada), but maybe once every few months. 


Coconut date energy bites

If you're in the mood for something sweet and something chewy, these are your guys. Two ingredients: Dates & Coconut. Exactly what I like to see when I'm looking for a healthy snack. These are perfect little bite sized snacks and both myself and Chicken really enjoyed these. Definitely something I would put in a future box. 





Cinnamon swirl kettle kernels

These totally threw me off guard. For some reason I associate corn kernels with more of a Tex-Mex flavour (am I the only one?) - so when I bit in to these guys I was thrown off by their sweetness (even though the bag clearly reads "Cinnamon"). These are good though. They're coated in like a caramel, cinnamon powder and they have great crunch. These will be great for when I'm craving either something sweet or something crunchy. Not something I would give to Chicken though since they are pretty tiny and hard. 


Granny smith apples

Pretty straight forward, huh! One ingredient: Apples.
These have that sharp green apple taste we all know, but to me, the texture was really weird. The best way I could describe it to my husband was...foamy! I was not a huge fan of these but luckily Chicken loved them. She was walking around asking Mommy for her "Chips". Hey, whatever works right? Since I love finding healthy snacks she will eat, I will for sure be putting these in my future boxes.




Black & white cocoa and vanilla granola

Yum!

I have fallen in love with granola lately and this was good. This granola has a lovely mild chocolate and vanilla flavour. Even the husband had a few handfuls for his snack today. The only problem I have with this snack is that the bag is too small. I'm going to run out so quickly! Definitely a repeat buy.



Well guys, that was everything that was in my Naturebox for the month of July. I already can't wait for my August box to show up. I hope you enjoyed this and if you have any questions just leave them in the comment section below.

 If you want to know more, check out the Naturebox website here

Happy Snacking

No comments:

Post a Comment