Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Creamy Jalapeno Guacamole

Creamy Jalapeno Guacamole 

We love guacamole in this house - like really love it! It is such an easy, delicious snack and so good for you. There was a point in time, not too long ago, that I made guacamole at least twice a week for a few weeks. It tasted different pretty much every time I made it because I never followed a recipe (with things like this I rarely ever do). But a few weeks ago I made a batch that both my husband and I really enjoyed. So I decided to try and recreate it and share the recipe - that way it will always be here in case I ever forget.

Here's what you'll need:

  • two ripe avocados mashed
  • two small sized tomatoes, cleaned out and chopped
  • about 3/4 cup of chopped red onion
  • a small handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
  • one large garlic clove, minced (I used a garlic press)
  • the juice of 1/2 lime
  • about 1/2 tbsp of juice from a lemon
  • 6-7 pickled jalapeno slices, de-seeded and minced (you could use fresh if you want, this is what I had on hand when I first made it - so I used it again this time around)
  • about 1 tsp of the pickled jalapeno brine
  • salt and pepper 


Add all of the ingredients to the mashed avocados then add salt and pepper to taste. Grab your favourite vessel for transporting this deliciousness to your mouth and enjoy


This makes roughly enough for two people to share. Double up on the ingredients if you need a larger batch.



No comments:

Post a Comment