Monday, June 9, 2014

Diy Recycled Glass Vase


The last week or so I've been putting aside all of our empty glass jars because I knew I wanted to do something with them - just hadn't figured out what yet. Then today while I was attempting to clean out my crafting bins, I pulled out some left over fabric and twine and decided I don't currently own enough vases. So why not make one out of things I already have in my house.

 This is so simple and doesn't take any time at all.


 Here's what you need:




  • An empty, cleaned out glass bottle (The one I used was previously a bottle of tomato puree)
  • Mod Podge (I am pretty much obsessed with this stuff)
  • Twine (or any sort of rope you want)
  • Fabric


Put a bit of Mod Podge at the top of the bottle and start wrapping around your twine. I didn't cover the entire bottle in Mod Podge, I just added a few globs here and there as I was wrapping the twine around.  Continue doing this until you come to the end of the bottle. 

What's great about Mod Podge is that it dries clear. So to make sure the twine stayed in place, I used my finger to add a thin coat around the bottle. I allowed it to dry for about 10 minutes before adding the fabric (again, with Mod Podge).

I love the pop of colour at the bottom of this vase - and you can colour coordinate with any room in your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment