Saturday, June 7, 2014

All natural cough medicine

A batch of golden magic

    So by now I'm guessing you've figured out that I much prefer to attempt to make things myself than buy store bought. Especially things like medicine. Since Little Chicken has been born, I have not once given her any over the counter medicine - I am all about trying to keep things simple and natural. That's why I love this all natural cough medicine. 

    Any time I've had a cough or sore throat I would add honey and lemon to hot water. I've always found it to be incredibly soothing. So a few months ago when Little Chicken got her first cold, I went to work putting together a little batch of magic. I filled a small mason jar halfway with raw honey, added a few slices of lemon and about a tbsp of grated ginger. I let it sit for a few hours to allow the honey to absorb the lemony-ginger goodness. 

    What I loved about this was that I could give it to Little Chicken as often as needed. She loved the taste of it and she actually slept through the night because she wasn't up hacking away (Hallelujah!).

 Please do remember though, that it is not advised to give honey to a child under the age of 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment