Thursday, August 14, 2014

For The Love Of Soup



Creamy Tomato, Garlic & Onion Coconut Soup


Soup!

Not something I've ever had a love for. I don't know, maybe I just never found "the one" you know. That soup that makes you feel all warm and cozy inside...until now!

It's pretty common knowledge now that I have a relationship with the "Oh She Glows" cookbook and blog. I have to make at least 2-3 of her recipes a week and I've loved every single one. So, it's no surprise that the first soup I attempt from her blog gives me that warm and cozy feeling I've longed for in a soup. It was the Creamy Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Onion Coconut Soup that made me fall in love. It has a beautiful rich flavour with a hint of coconut and some wonderful spice and it's fairly simple to make. You roast your three main ingredients (tomato, onion, garlic) then throw it in a pot with the remaining ingredients, blend and serve. Simple.

I paired this soup with a toasted garlic bread I made with the leftover roasted garlic I had and it was perfection, This soup is definitely being added in to the dinner rotation, especially with fall around the corner (or is it already here...it certainly feels like fall outside lately..are we sure it's august?).


Roast my pretties!


It's all coming together!!!

Now the true test
Taking in all the flavours...

YES! I think she likes it.

As you can tell this was a hit with Little Chicken. She's been an amazing eater since she started on real food, but lately she's been a bit difficult with not wanting to eat. I can't really blame her I guess - If I had 4 teeth breaking through at the same time I'd be a bit of a pill as well.


 If you want to try this recipe yourself (which I would strongly encourage you to do) you can find it here. Make sure to check out all of Angela's other recipes on her blog Oh She Glows


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment