Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Like A Big Pizza Pie



Has anyone looked outside recently? It's yellow. It's 8pm as I write this and I'm sitting at my desk looking out the window...and it's yellow outside. Weird.

Anyways

Last week when I roasted tomatoes to make the Oh She Glows Creamy Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Onion Coconut Soup , I roasted extra tomatoes so I could try out her recipe for tomato basil pesto. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do with it at the time, but I figured something would come up eventually. Fast forward to a relatively empty pantry and a fridge desperately in need of a re-stock. I was raiding our cupboards trying to think of something I could throw together for a lunch for me and Chicken when I spotted the last two whole wheat tortilla shells. Perfect opportunity to try the tomato basil pesto. I gathered what few veggies we had in our crisper and quickly threw together a veggie tortilla pizza.

Used the Tomato Basil Pesto as the base 


Added a few veggies and some shredded cheese


Voila! Delicious pizza


From start to finish this probably took about 30 minutes and I loved the basil pesto as a sauce for this pizza - it was so full of flavour. 

I've reserved the rest of the sauce to use in a pasta dish for dinner later this week, which I'm sure will be delicious.

If you want to try out this really simple pesto recipe for yourself, you can find it here.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment